Mata Vaishno Devi Temple
About Mata Vaishno Devi Mandir in Katra Jammu
History of Vaishno Devi
Things to know before visiting Vaishno Devi Mandir
- Photography and Videography is Strictly Prohibited
- You can carry anything with you to the holy cave
- You were not allowed to wear anything made up of leather
The mythology of Mata Vaishno Devi Temple
How to reach Vaishno Devi Temple?
Route of Vaishno Devi Temple?
The distance from Jammu to Katra is 43 Km by road but 30 Km by air, afterward a 13 km trek in Katra in Jammu leads to Vaishno Devi Pilgrimage place where Mata Vaishno Devi manifests herself in the natural rock formation which is known as the holy Pindi Rup in the cave, a tunnel is used by the devotees to reach that holy site. however, due to its narrowness and to manage the huge crowd of devotees, two new tunnels have been made for the swift movement of pilgrims who came here in queue here.
Helicopter facility for Vaishno Devi temple
A helicopter facility is available here from Katra to Sanjhichhat from where the temple is just 2.2 km away.
This helicopter facility is available for the general public which would cost you about 1700-1800 per head.
Best time to visit Mata Vaishno Devi temple?
The Mata Vaishno Devi Temple is open throughout the whole year whether it is summer or winter, but people like to travel to this beautiful place in between the month of March and October, and people most likely to visit here during the season of Navratras.
If you are a travel enthusiast you might be looking for Color luts or transitions packs, look at our luts and transition packs
Covid Rules – Regulations and Restrictions in 2022
Due to high rise of Covid patients, some of the Rules and restrictions have been imposed to slow down the virus spread in the area.
1. The local authorities have made mandatory of 2 Days RT-PCR test report.
2. As soon as you reach the Jammu or Katra Railway Station, you have to go through the local covid testing which has been already setup on Railway stations and you can proceed to Vaishno Devi with that test report.
3. As you reach the Mata Vaishno Devi shrine, you need to show either the RT-PCR test report or report of covid test done by local authorities.
4. From now the devotees are not allowed to visit Darshani Deori in between 9PM to 6AM.